Dr. Michala de Linde Henriksen
DVM, PhD, Dipl. ACVO
We are very grateful to have Dr. de Linde Henriksen as co-course responsible at the Master's programme where she will participate in the organisation and lecturing of the Ophthalmology specialisation track.
Dr. de Linde Henriksen is a veterinary ophthalmologist from Colorado State University (CSU). She has an extensive publication list (see below) and is a highly experienced speaker with in the area of veterinary ophthalmology.
Dr. de Linde Henriksen is originally from Denmark where she received her DVM degree in 2005 from University of Copenhagen. Her comparative ophthalmology residency was performed at University of Florida and her PhD in equine ophthalmology is from University of Copenhagen/University of Florida. Dr. Henriksen has worked as an assistant professor in comparative ophthalmology at CSU since July 2017. She came to CSU from University of Minnesota where she worked as a clinical assistant professor in comparative ophthalmology for four years (2013-2017).
Dr. Henriksen loves mountain hiking with her French bulldog ‘Frieda’ and her chocolate Labrador ‘Alma’ in her spare time.
- *Henriksen MdL, Ofri R, Shomrat T, Nesher N, Cleymaet A, Ross M, Pe’er O, Arad D, Katzenbach J, Dubielzig RR. Ocular anatomy and correlation with histopathologic findings in two common octopuses (Octopus vulgaris) and one giant Pacific octopus (Enteroctopus dofleini) diagnosed with inflammatory phakitis and retinitis. Journal of Veterinary Ophthalmology 2021:1-11 (DOI: 10.1111/vop.12872).
- Fraess GA, Sadar MJ, Daniels JB, Sharkey L, *Henriksen MdL. Clinical ophthalmological diagnostic description of sugar gliders (Petaurus breviceps) and prevalence of ocular presentations. Journal of Veterinary Ophthalmology 2021;24:80-92.
- Martabano BM, *Henriksen MdL, Powell CC. Prevalence of equine ulcerative keratomycosis in Colorado and association to environmental factors: a retrospective and descriptive study (2002-2017). Equine Veterinary Education 2021;33(1):24-30.
- Davila M, *Henriksen MdL, Wu D, Evans S, Moore A, McInturff C, Barrett M, Reilly C. Pathology in Practice: Anterior uveal melanoma with balloon cells in an Arabian horse. Journal of Veterinary Medical Association 2021;258(6):1-4.
- Henriksen MdL, Sharkey L, Franzen-Klein D et al. (2019): Bilateral Anterior Uveitis in a Northern Saw-Whet Owl (Aegolius acadicus) with a Metastatic Pectoral Pleomorphic Sarcoma. Accepted for publication in Journal of Avian Medicine and Surgery.
- Pederson SL, Kawalilak L, Henriksen MdL*, Graham B, Eichenbaum J (2018): What’s your diagnosis – pituitary gland tumor casing blindness in a dog. Accepted for publication in Journal of Veterinary Medical Association (JAVMA).
- Roberts J, Henriksen MdL*, Sharkey L, Lim C, Reilly CM (2018): Pathology in Practice: Ocular melanosis with secondary chronic glaucoma in an English setter. Accepted for publication in Journal of Veterinary Medical Association (JAVMA).
- Henriksen MdL, Willette M. (2018): Ocular manifestations of a systemic disease in raptors. Proceeding notes for ‘Avian ophthalmology course’ at ACVO’s annual conference in Minneapolis: 1-5.
- Campell E, Henriksen MdL*, Sharkey L, Ritt M, Duckett M (2018): Pathology in Practice: Iris changes in a domestic short Hair feline. Accepted for publication in Journal of Veterinary Medical Association (JAVMA).
- Obeiter S, Henriksen MdL*, Sharkey L, MacAulay K, Reilly CM, Willette M (2018). Pathology in Practice: Septic endophthalmitis in a bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) due to territorial battle. Accepted for publication in Journal of Veterinary Medical Association (JAVMA).
- Henriksen MdL, Lim C, Sharp J (2018): Treatment of postoperative ocular hypertension (POH) with combined latanoprost 0.005% and atropine 1% ophthalmic solutions. Accepted for publication in Journal of Veterinary Ophthalmology.
- Zibura AE, Henriksen MdL*, Lim C, Reilly CM (2018): Retrospective evaluation of canine palpebral masses treated with debulking and cryotherapy: 46 cases. Accepted for publication in Journal of Veterinary Ophthalmology.
- Henriksen, MdL (2017): Standing ophthalmic surgery – how to perform standing surgery of the periocular region in the field. AAEP PROCEEDINGS. Vol. 63: 139-153.
- Henriksen, MdL, Sharkey L, Esser M, Costello J (2017): A clinical management of superficial complicated corneal ulcerations infected with newly identified fastidious bacteria with unknown antibiotic sensitivity in three horses. Equine Veterinary Education: DOI: 10.1111/eve.12813; 1-7.
- Henriksen MdL, La Croix N, Teixeira LBC, Wilkie D, Lassaline M, Brantman K, Beamer G, Dubielzig R (2016): Descemet’s membrane detachment in five horses with severe corneal edema. Veterinary Vol 20, 3: 273-270.
- Sorge US, Henriksen M, Bastan A, Cremers N, Olsen K, Crooker BA (2016): Short Communication: Iodine Concentrations in Milk, Serum and Tears after Feeding Ascaphyllum nodosum to Dairy Cows – a Pilot Study. Journal of Dairy Science. Vol. 99, 10: 8472-8476.
- Henriksen MdL, Andersen PH, Mietelka K, Farina L, Thomsen PD, Plummer CE, Mangan BG, Heegaard S, Coleman JK, Toft N, Brooks DE (2014): Equine deep stromal abscesses (51 cases - 2004-2009) - PART 2: The histopathology and immunohistochemical aspect with attention to the histopathologic diagnosis, vascular response, and infectious agents. Veterinary Ophthalmology. Vol. 17, supplement 1, page 14-22.
- Henriksen MdL, Andersen PH, Thomsen PD, Plummer CE, Mangan B, Heegaard S, Toft N, Brooks DE (2014): Equine deep stromal abscesses (51 cases - 2004-2009) - PART 1: The clinical aspects with attention to the duration of the corneal disease, treatment history, clinical appearance, and microbiology results. Veterinary Ophthalmology. Vol. 17, supplement 1, page 6-13.
- Henriksen MdL (2013): PhD Thesis - The inflammatory and vascular response of equine corneal stromal abscesses. SL Grafik, Denmark. ISBN 978-87-7611-567-8.
- Henriksen MdL, Plummer CE, Brooks DE (2013): Case report: Modified Kuhnt-Szymanowski surgical procedure for secondary cicatricial ectropion in a horse. Veterinary Ophthalmology. Vol. 16, issue 4, page: 276-81.
- Henriksen MdL, Haubro Andersen P, Plummer CE, Mangan B, Brooks DE (2013): Equine corneal stromal abscesses: An evolution in the understanding of pathogenesis and treatment during the past 30 years. Equine Veterinary Education. Vol. 25, issue 6, page: 315–323.
- Henriksen MdL, Plummer CE, Mangan B, Ben-Shlomo G, Tsujita H, Greenberg SM, Brooks DE (2012): Visual outcome after corneal transplantation for corneal perforation and iris prolapse in 41 horses: 1998-2010. Equine Veterinary Journal Suppl. Vol. 43, page: 115-9.
- Henriksen MdL (2012). Svampe-infektioner i hestens øje, med øget risiko i varmt of fugtigt vejr (“Fungal infections i the equine eye – increased risk in hot and humid weather”). Ridehesten. Vol. 7
- Cleary OB, Easley JT, Henriksen MdLH, Brooks DE (2011): Purulent dacryocystitis (nasolacrimal duct drainage) secondary to periapical tooth root infection in a donkey. Equine Veterinary Education. Vol 32, issue 11, page 553-558.
- Olsen E, Henriksen MdLH, Haubro Andersen P (2009): Eosinophil keratitis hos en dansk hest (“Eosinophil keratitis in a Danish horse”). Dansk Veterinær Tidsskrift. Vol. 2, page 26-29
- Henriksen MdLH (2008): Måneblindhed: Gammel lidelse - Ny viden (“Moon blindness: Old disease – New knowledge”). Dyrlæge Magasinet. Vol. 6, page 12 – 17.
- Henriksen MdLH (2008): Congenital Stationary Night Blindness in the Danish Knabstrupper horse. The Globe, Newsletter of the International Society of Veterinary Ophthalmology. Summer edition, page 14-15
- Henriksen MdLH (2007): Hold godt øje med din hests øjne (“Keep a close eye to your horse eyes”). Equipage. Vol. 12, page 40 – 42.
- Olsen E, Henriksen MdLH (2004): Bedre undervisning for dyrlæger (“Better education for veterinary students”). Det levende Universitet (The University paper). Vol. 4, page 22.
Referred Chapters in Books:
Henriksen MdL, Sharkey L. (2019): Book chapter - Equine ophthalmic cytology. In: Veterinary cytology (Eds. Radin & Sharkey). Invited author and chapter accepted.
Henriksen MdL, Lim C. (2019): Book chapter - Ophthalmic cytology collection. In: Veterinary cytology (Eds. Radin & Sharkey). Invited author and chapter accepted.
Tornquist SJ, Cebra CK, Henriksen MdL (2019): Book chapter – Camelid cytology. In: Veterinary cytology (Eds. Radin & Sharkey). Invited author and chapter accepted.
Henriksen MdL, Brooks DE (2014): Standing ophthalmic surgeries in horses. In: Veterinary Clinics of North America, equine practice –Standing surgery (Eds. Easley JT). Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA: 91-110.