Application for the CACS programme

Application deadline: May 1, 2021. The CACS programme admits new Master students every two years.

A maximum of 30 students can be admitted to the programme. If the university cannot admit all timely registered and qualified applicants, admission is based on the registration date

Applications for the full programme or the compulsory part of the programme.

Admission criteria for the programme

Applicants for the Master of Companion Animal Clinical Science programme must possess the following qualifications:

  • A Master's (candidate) degree in Veterinary Medicine/Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
  • At least two years of relevant work experience in companion animal practice.
  • Proficiency in English
  • Scandinavian applicants (including Danish applicants) are required to document proficiency in English corresponding to at least English B level; cf. Section 11 of the Danish Ministerial Order on Admission at Universities. This can for instance be documented with a  Master's (candidate) degree in Veterinary Medicine/Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) from Denmark or another Scandinavian country. 

Language requirements

  • Applicants from an English-speaking country and/or applicants who have completed a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in English do not need further documentation of English proficiency. Applicants must submit documentation certifying that their Bachelor's/Master’s degree was earned in English.
  • Applicants from outside Scandinavia who speak or write English as a second language must pass the International English Language Testing System (IELTS/Academic) or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to document their qualifications in English. The minimum acceptable score for IELTS is 6.5 and for TOEFL 560 on the paper test, or 83 on the internet-based test. For more information about the tests visit and

The same admission criteria apply to single courses unless otherwise indicated in the course description.

Further requirements for Students from non-EU/EAA countries apply.

Apply for the full programme

Already certified/specialist? Apply for enrolment directly for one of the specialisation tracks.

See if you have the certification to enrol directly at the specialisation track.

  • From Sweden: Swedish specialist in diseases of dogs and cats, in Swedish known as Steg 1
  • From Norway: Norwegian specialist in diseases of dogs and cats, in Norwegian known as Specialisering i veterinærmedisin, spesialitet smådyr
  • From Finland: Finnish specialist in diseases of dogs and cats, in Finnish known as Pieneläinsairauksien erikoiseläinlääkäri
  • From Denmark: DVA in Small Animal Diseases, in Danish known as certificeret fagdyrlæge i sygdomme hos hunde og katte.

Read more on certification

Apply for a specialisation track

If you want to be kept updated about application deadlines and procedures, please sign up for the newsletter.