Specialisation track in Companion Animal Cardiology
The specialisation in Companion Animal Cardiology consists of the following courses:
Follow the link to read the course descriptions.
By following the specialisation track in Companion Animal Cardiology you will gain
- Comprehensive theoretical and clinical knowledge relevant to practice cardiology in referral clinical settings
- Experience and advanced level expertise in diagnostic work up of the cardiac patient including management of acute and chronic heart failure, the use of diagnostic tools including conventional and advanced echocardiography, interventional cardiology and Holter monitoring
- Confidence in attending certification in national and international screening programs of inherited congenital and acquired heart diseases in purebred dogs and cats
- Experience and advanced level expertise in cardiovascular pharmacology including antiarrhythmic drugs, diuretics, vasoactive agents and inotrops
- Advanced level of knowledge and skills and competences within the approach to, assessment and management of the cardiovascular system in the perioperative patient and in non-cardiac patients in intensive care units
The responsible course leader at the specialisation track in Companion Animal Cardiology is:
- Associate Professor Jørgen Koch, Dept. of Veterinary Clinical and Animal Sciences, Faculty of Health and medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen
Lectures at the specialisation in Cardiology
- Associate professor, Jakob Willesen, Dept. of Veterinary Clinical and Animal Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen
Lecturers with specialist knowledge in the field will be invited to contribute
As certified/specialist, you can apply for enrolment directly at the Cardiology specialisation track.
- From Sweden: Swedish specialist in diseases of dogs and cats, in Swedish known as Steg 1
- From Norway: Norwegian specialist in diseases of dogs and cats, in Norwegian known as Specialisering i veterinærmedisin, spesialitet smådyr
- From Finland: Finnish specialist in diseases of dogs and cats, in Finnish known as Pieneläinsairauksien erikoiseläinlääkäri
- From Denmark: DVA in Small Animal Diseases, in Danish known as certificeret fagdyrlæge i sygdomme hos hunde og katte.